new old winetests

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Sun Nov 30 20:22:20 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> #ifdef _WIN32
>> #  include <io.h>
>> #  include <process.h>
>> #else
>> #  include "config.h"
>> #  include "wine/port.h"
>> #  define mkdir(d) mkdir (d, 0777)
>> #endif
>
> I'm not sure why you don't want to use the normal
> mechanism for that.

Well, I did try the method you suggested (cross configuring
in a separate build tree), and to my amazement it almost
worked without even issuing make in the top directory (I am
jumpy to do that on my 200 MHz machine with no free space on
the HD).  Of course it did not find -lwine and -lwine_port,
but did not need them either, so copying the failed linker
command from make's output worked after omitting those two
libs.

This clean and elegant method obviously saves on the number
of lines in maketests and Makefile.in, but has a rather big
space and time overhead.  And, basically, this program
belongs to the tests, so why not use the same solution for
the same problem again?

> I don't think we want to add such #ifdefs to all the
> programs.

That #ifdef is necessary anyway because of the mkdir()
prototype mismatch, I am afraid.  And it's only a single
program...

Having said that, a cross configuring version in the tree is
better than three in my hands, but please give this a last
consideration before your final decision!

Thanks,
Feri.