Does anyone know about WM_SETFOCUS and EN_SETFOCUS

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Wed Oct 1 14:16:30 CDT 2003

On October 1, 2003 10:25 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Bill Medland <billmedland at mercuryspeed.com> writes:
> > Also see the SetFocus documentation that says it sends WM_SETFOCUS.
> >
> > So maybe they mean that it sends a WM_SETFOCUS unless its an edit control
> > in which case it sends EN_SETFOCUS.
>
> No, it sends a WM_SETFOCUS to the edit control, which in turns sends
> an EN_SETFOCUS to its parent. Why doesn't this do the right thing for
> you?

Are you saying that you believe that the edit control itself sends the
EN_SETFOCUS?

Our software includes some tracing and what I see in it suggests that under
Windows there are EN_SETFOCUS messages whereas under Wine they are
WM_SETFOCUS, and I am trying to understand why.

--
Bill Medland
ACCPAC International, Inc.
medbi01 at accpac.com