uxtheme.dll

Gregory M. Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 1 14:18:46 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 09:59 am, Steven Edwards wrote:
> This is very kickass dude.

I concur.  I've been fantasizing about looking into this stuff myself,
although so far I've always decided I had more pressing matters to look into.
But some of this stuff is just so cool... and frankly, wine has a case of the
uglies that could use fixing.  A little razzle and dazzle can go a long way
towards raising the profile of a project.

Anyone who's ever subscribed to the goodies-pipeline from StarDock knows --
this stuff has the potential to be very, very pretty.  In fact, in my
opinion, it made my Windows even prettier than my Linux (although the
performance can be pretty awful).  And KDE/gnome themes obviously could do
something that was never really possible for wine before.

So... good luck, I am sure this will be quite difficult, but it's a great
idea, in my opinion.

--
gmt

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his
 hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-- H. L. Mencken