Translating WINE using dedicated tools

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Oct 2 05:29:53 CDT 2003

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:25:38 +0200, Sir Martin Quinson scribed thus:
> I would like to help here, but I need to know the gramar of the resource
> files. Do you have any parsers around there ? The better would be to have
> Perl based ones, since this is the language used in po4a.

It's not that simple. I asked people not to translate winecfg because
translating a Win32 program also involves relaying out the GUI - it's not
just a case of altering the strings. Win32 provides no layout management
at all. Therefore every single translated resource file is entirely
different - there is no way to use traditional Linux translation tools for
Wine :(