basic testing configuration setup

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Thu Oct 2 13:15:20 CDT 2003

I've been experimenting with building Wine from CVS, to see if I could
get eBay's TurboLister app to work
(http://pages.ebay.com/turbo_lister/).  Knowing that I need to have MSIE
& MDAC installed, I have worked with instructions on manually setting up
IE6 in a wine config (as described at frankscorner.org).  The problem
is, those instructions have one *replace* the standard system.reg file
with one of it's own.  This has not been working with recent CVS builds,
so I'm wondering what may have changed, and if there's any pointers to
getting the accursed MSIE to work, so I can proceed with the rest of the
test.

I'm working off of CVS since any bug reports I may file would need to be
found against current code.