Can I do this or does it get us into trouble?

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Thu Oct 2 13:22:15 CDT 2003

I am trying to solve some focus problems I am having with Wine and I want to
know just how far I can go without causing legal problems.

The main problem is that under Windows a WM_KILLFOCUS is being sent during the
processing of a WM_SETFOCUS message.  However It doesn't appear to be being
sent by any application code so I presume it is being sent by some Windows
code.

If I run the application under the Windows debugger, break in the WM_KILLFOCUS
handler and do a stack trace to look for hints, and we use the resulting
information then does that get us into trouble (since it is going to contain
information about e.g. user32.dll)?

Does anyone actually know?

--
Bill Medland