Unicode strings

Kevin Koltzau kevin at plop.org
Fri Oct 3 19:23:44 CDT 2003

I've come upon an instance where I need to create a large lookup table of
unicode strings, and was curious what the recommended way to handle this was.
Using MSVC I would simply declare the string as L"Text"

I only see two options currently, either declare the string as
(const WCHAR[]){'T','e','x','t'}
or store as non-unicode and use WideCharToMultiByte/MultiByteToWideChar as
appropriate

As this is being implemented for a unicode-only function, it seems silly to
convert the string, but declaring it as (const WCHAR[]){'T','e','x','t'} is a
little unwieldy for the quantity of data that I need to declare