winealsa: improve sound quality for IDsDriverImpl

Jerry Jenkins Jerry_J_Jenkins at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:56:11 CDT 2003

> sox -c1 -r44100 -sw /usr/share/sounds/pop.wav -tossdsp /dev/audio &&
> wine winamp
>
> has the problem, but
>
> sox -c1 -r44100 -sb /usr/share/sounds/pop.wav -tossdsp /dev/audio &&
> wine winamp
>
> is unbelievably good. How could it be? I should find out if it's
> something is wrong with my system or something else.

Only one of my sound cards suffers from the problem when the format of
primary buffer is 22050 samples per second, 8-bit stereo. The other is
OK. It appears to be a big challenge for me. And I am a little curious
about how many peoples would have such experience.
I submitted a new patch, please test it.