winealsa: improve sound quality for IDsDriverImpl

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 4 08:24:23 CDT 2003

Here is the patch that addresses the 8 bit mixer problem.  I just
cut it out of an old development tree that had a lot of other mixer
changes so I doubt it will apply cleanly but it will give you an idea
of the problem.

This patch and the tests developed for it uncovered the locking
issues which I have not fixed yet.  I hope to submit a real fix for
all this someday but I hope this partial fix can be of some use
until then.