About Explorer clone

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sat Oct 4 04:36:08 CDT 2003

Hello,

PETREOLLE Sylvain wrote:
> Can your explorer clone be compiled with Wine sources and/or tools ?
> I have both Windows 2000/XP with latest Cygwin / RedHat Linux environments
> to test it.

Yes, I have put a "Makefile.Wine" into CVS for compiling as Winelib application. Just put the explorer source into the directory "wine/programs/explorer" and use "make -f Makefile.Wine" zu build it. If it complains about a too old Makefile, issue an "touch Makefile".

> Another point : Im not easy with ansi-related questions.
> You give 2 versions of explorer into the binary snapshot on your website.
> What are the differences between them ?

The ANSI version "explorer-ansi.exe" doesn't use Unicode strings. You can use it instead of "explorer.exe" on older systems such as Win 98. To compile the Unicode version add "UNICODE=1" to the make command line.