sparc solaris changes in wine

Juraj Hercek juraj at syncad.com
Mon Oct 6 10:35:16 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>* dlls/iphlpapi/ifenum.c      6 Oct 2003 10:13:07 -0000
>
>These changes look too ugly. Why not do:
>
>#if defined(__sparc__)
>#    define ifreq lifreq
>#    define ifr_name lifr_name
>#endif
>
>In fact, this may require a configure check, but this
>is a better start IMO.

Yes, I agree. I just wanted to show *all* involved lines. That's also
the reason why I send it in  "raw" form. ;-).

>>* programs/Makefile.in
>>    Just removed winegdb from building - we still don't have sparc
>>register map (and related) defined.
>>

>This can't quite go into the tree ... :)

Yeah, I know :-)

>>* windows/winproc.c
>>    Finally, allignment problem on sparc platform - I've just ifdeffed
>>out packing includes, so  structs are alligned to (default) 4 byte boundary.
>>

>If we can't pack on sparc, maybe we should disable packing in
>pshpackX.h directly -- why is this structure any different from
>all the others where we use packing?

Hm, I don't understand how packing is supposed to work in wine and
*especially* what should be packed and what shouldn't. I used the
fastest way how to make it working, leaving comments on others - you
know definitely more about wine than I do :-). AFAIK everything should
be alligned to 4 byte boundary in order to avoid SIGSEGV, SIGBUS (or
SIGTRAP?) exceptions on sparc platforms.

I know that many changes aren't acceptable by now, one of the reasons
was to show what changes needs to be applied in order to compile and run
wine on sparc solaris :-).