Oleaut32 3

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 10:47:29 CDT 2003

Hi Dimitrie,

--- "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dimi at intelliware.ca> wrote:
> We don't seem to pass any additional info to _VarDecFromUI1, why
> not simply get rid of it, and implement stuff in the real
> VarDecFromUI1?

Size and speed.

The inlined versions are to meant to be used within the variant code,
the biggest user being the coercion functions when I get round to
updating them (after the low level stuff). The code for the vast
majority of conversions is smaller than the code needed to push the
args and call the functions, since they are simply casts. Where a
common function is used for the conversion of most types the calls
can be combined skipping a level of indirection.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com