What does it take to run a third-party DLL under Wine?

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Mon Oct 6 12:50:57 CDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, John Conneely wrote:

> Hey, any ideas of where I might be able to hire a WINE guru to help with
> this stuff?  I haven't even used Wine before, and I'm looking for someone
> that can help us set up our WINE environment, test to see if the DLL we are
> trying to use will run under WINE, then create a wrapper for the DLL that is
> created with WineLib.  Using an RPC mechanism is fine, as long as it doesn't
> involve a Windows OS box.  Might you be available for a little moonlighting?
> I don't think we're talking about a huge amount of work here... mostly the
> feasibility analysis work and some pointers on how to setup the environment.
> If not you, know any other WINE hackers that might be?

Sure, I can take a look. I would also recommend the CodeWeavers guys
(http://www.codeweavers.com), they've done this before a number of
times, it should be an easy task for them. I'm not affiliated with
them, but they are great folks!

If you want me to help you get started, email me off the list.

--
Dimi.