Focus problems

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Oct 6 17:53:49 CDT 2003

Pavel Roskin <proski at gnu.org> writes:

> I'll appreciate an advise in which order to proceed and what kind of
> verification is expected for the changes in the focus code.

The required verification is to make sure that Windows actually
behaves that way; I haven't applied the patch yet because I haven't
had time to check that. With this kind of issues simply saying "it
fixes app Foo" is not good enough; there can be a dozen different
changes that would fix it too. So what you should do is write a test
program under Windows that tries SetFocus on various combinations of
non-visible/disabled/etc. windows and check what happens; special
bonus points for then adding that code to a Wine regression test.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com