shell window activation

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Oct 7 15:46:57 CDT 2003

Martin Fuchs <martin-fuchs at gmx.net> writes:

> The problem is not just my application. The problem exists with any
> application, that tries to register a shell window, for example the original
> MS explorer or GeoShell. Handling it with catching WM_MOUSEACTIVATE would be
> possible, yes. But that would be another work around especially for Wine. If
> it is launched on a bare MS windows system without MS explorer, it registers
> it`s shell window and there is no problem with focus handling. I think, Wine
> should behave the same way?

Yes, if it works under Windows then obviously we need a fix in Wine.
I think you should investigate exactly how Windows does it, there are
many places where we could add such checks so we need to find out
exactly where Windows has them.

> Good. Which other global informations would be cancdidates for this? May be we
> could start right now to use this shared memory technique.

No, I want the code to work right with the current scheme before we
start adding shared memory, because it will create a lot of subtle
synchronization problems.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com