Regression in lstrcmpiA (occurred in late June, NLS related)

Troy Rollo wine at troy.rollo.name
Tue Oct 7 22:03:45 CDT 2003

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:38, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> I've asked a question regarding unicode support and sorting on
> microsoft.public.win32.programmer.international (26-28 Jun 2003)
> and have the following answers (UCA == Unicode Collation Algorithm):

Based on the lines on inquiry this opened up, the tables would almost
certainly be within Feist in the US (and similarly probably OK to copy in
Canada), but would definitely be within "industrious collection" copyright
protection in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.

Of course if we can identify a unicode.org version that's much closer to the
Microsoft tables so that only minor adjustments are necessary, the
industrious collection copyright can be bypassed.

If that proves not to be possible, then the only choice legally is likely to
be to use the closest version (or amalgam) of the unicode.org tables, but
provide a facility to allow people in the US to substitute a Windows version
of the *.nls files (found, for example in c:\winnt\system32 - sortkey.nls,
for instance, is simply 65536 entries of four bytes in length with the
expected format).