Byteswapping

Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com Warren_Baird at cimmetry.com
Wed Oct 8 11:17:52 CDT 2003

Hi all,

There are some changes I'd like to submit as patches, but I'm not sure the best
way to go about it.  We need to add some byteswapping code in a few places to
make things happier on big-endian machines.  The problem is that the byteswap
macros only exist inside wine/tools/wrc right now - we've added a new header
containing the byteswap macros in wine/include, and so they are just duplicated
in wine/include and wine/tools/wrc - but this is hardly the ideal solution.

The best solution I can think of at the moment is to put the byteswap macros
into wine/include/wine/port.h, which is one of the few main wine header that is
included in the wrc code - but then we'll have to include config.h and port.h in
at least one place they aren't currently included : dlls/ole32/storage32.c

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Warren