Start menu items

Chris Hansen chris at ngweb.biz
Sat Oct 11 18:34:59 CDT 2003

Hi,

Sorry, but I'm not a member of this list, and I'm not into developing Wine.

Though I read - with great pleasure - the weekly news on the website and saw a
quote of Mike McCormack saying (or writing):
"For starters we could just use the 'Start Menu' directory, but you miss out
on things like Outlook Express and Internet Explorer's Icons, because there's
no .lnk file for those... they are created by a shell namespace extension (I
think :)."

It is not correct that there isn't a .lnk file for these two programs in the
Start Menu. Only on the Windows desktop these two are created with some
namespace extension of some kind (with some registry values as I recall). In
the Start Menu and the Quick Launch they are represented with a .lnk file as
every other shortcut.

Don't know if this information matter at all, but now you know :-)

Regards
Chris Hansen