Breakage in 'priviledged instructions' handling.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Oct 11 19:42:49 CDT 2003

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:

> Some games that worked pretty well in Wine (like, for example, Tomb Raider
> 3) are now failing with latest CVS due to :
>
> Unhandled exception: privileged instruction in 32-bit code (0x0048e2e1).
>
> So I was wondering what changed in the Wine code that suppressed the
> emulation of these instructions.

What changed is that emulation of these instructions was deliberately
removed ;-)

This was done for dll separation reasons, and because they are not
emulated under NT either (which also means better performance for the
exception handling). What happens if you run with Windows version set
to NT?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com