Program linking on Windows with Mingw+MSYS

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Oct 11 21:22:09 CDT 2003

Steven Edwards <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> writes:

> My command line is already quite long when building to test the w32api
> headers. If you will accept a patch I will implement a option
> --use-mingw-sdk that does the following.
>
> --disable-win16 CFLAGS="-D_WIN32_IE=0x0501 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501
> -DWINVER=0x0501 -I/mingw/include" LDFLAGS=-L/mingw/lib

I don't think that should be part of a configure option. The defines
should be added to the code that actually needs them, and the include
and lib path cannot be hardcoded anyway.

> Then by default on a Mingw or Cygwin build we can build all of the
> programs with out issue and I and anyone else can still test mingw and
> the w32api by using the optional switch. If you will let me attempt to
> implement this option then please commit the programs patch.

You won't be able to cleanly test other packages with the patch, since
the -L$(DLLDIR) will always be present you'll most likely get a mix of
Wine and Mingw libraries.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com