[janitor] dlls/winmm/wine* -Wwrite-strings cleanup

Jerry Jenkins Jerry_J_Jenkins at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 00:00:37 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On October 11, 2003 03:42 am, Jerry Jenkins wrote:
>
>> > +    char                    device[] = "hw";
>>I think it should be
>>static char                     device[] = "hw";
>

> Why is that? In fact, I think it shouldn't, if it
> gets modified during the call, we'll end up passing
> garbage values on subsequent calls...

Actually device[] will and shall not be modified at least up to now. It
is introduced by the patch, though I though that we can get rid of the
warning by changing the type of device member in structure WINE_WAVEOUT
from char * to const char *. If we keep device[], we need the static
keyword to make winealsa work.