WINE porting templates

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Oct 12 01:13:26 CDT 2003

On October 11, 2003 06:44 pm, Steven Edwards wrote:
> Can you send me a example in HTML of how you want to layout
> Headers/OS/Compilers? I am having trouble getting it from looking at
> the plain text.

OK, attached.

> > What's up with the 95%, why not 100%? :)
>
> 95% is with Wine Headers. I was trying to get a list of everything that
> currently builds with the latest Mingw+MSYS and Wine headers. Once I am
> done with that I was going to go back and try them with w32api headers
> and then bump the number up to 100%. Same thing with MS_VC and the
> PSDK. 95% if we can build the dll/program with WINE headers and 100% if
> we can build it with both headers. I was planing on adding a key
> describing this but I forgot. If you can send me that HTML file with
> the table layout as you want it I will bump those numbers up to 100%.

Now, if we separate compiler from header, as I suggested above,
we can now mark the compiler as 100% if it builds that DLL with
*some* headers. Similarly for headers, we can mark them 100% when
we build with those headers using *some* compiler. In other words,
when looking at compilers/headers just pick the most convenient
headers/compiler respectively...

> OK I will merge them. I just figured the status part with the tables
> was a little big and it would be cleaner to split it up.

Yes, the status as it is now is big, but we can tabulated it.
The tables should have the following columns:

Port   Compiles  Links  Runs  Workers  Notes

Now, with this setup, all the information on that page
fits nicely in a manageable table.

--
Dimi.