Breakage in 'priviledged instructions' handling.

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Oct 12 03:17:35 CDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 05:42:49PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> What changed is that emulation of these instructions was deliberately
> removed ;-)

I should have guessed that they were sacrified due to the DLL separation :-)

> This was done for dll separation reasons, and because they are not
> emulated under NT either (which also means better performance for the
> exception handling). What happens if you run with Windows version set
> to NT?

Well, now that you say it, when I tested the demo for Tomb Raider 3 on Win2K
(to check some slight graphical corruptions), it crashed at start-up... So
the game does not even check for Windows version before doing its hacks.

Let's hope we do not have many such broken apps out there...

           Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/