Breakage in 'priviledged instructions' handling.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Oct 12 12:25:46 CDT 2003

Jukka Heinonen <jhei at iki.fi> writes:

> Anyway, even with some performance issues, it looks like
> instruction emulation is needed for supporting some pure
> Win95/98/ME programs. It would seem a bit strange we try very
> hard to support Win31 and WinNT based programs but not those.

Sure, we'll need to put it back somehow, there are too many broken
32-bit apps out there. Part of the reason I disabled it was to find
out whether we really needed it or not, but I think the answer is
clear.  But there are still a number of things that need to be changed
in the signal handling first, so it will bit some time before we can
make it work properly again.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com