winesetuptk

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sun Oct 12 14:26:57 CDT 2003

Some time ago (about 2 years ago now), Codeweavers developped
winesetuptk, a configuration tool for Wine. It is now listed with other
Wine related files on sf.net.

The problem is that the tool hasn't really followed Wine development
(for example, removal of $VAR-style variables from config file), and
some users experience problems because of that. It'd be better to not
list it on our download page because of its staleness.

OTOH, I know that Mike et al.'s winecfg is not ready yet for prime-time
use. Still, having a working, commented text config file to work with
rather than an obsolete GUI tool is preferable IMHO. So I'd recommend
the removal (or hiding) of it if nobody steps up to update it to current
Wine practices.

Vincent