configuring wine

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Oct 14 08:07:05 CDT 2003

On October 13, 2003 04:20 pm, Alex Pasadyn wrote:
> I think there are two separate problems that are being addressed, and it
> makes sense to have and document two stages of configuration.  Step one
> doesn't ask too many questions (really just whether you want to use an
> existing "C" drive or not) and results in a "working" Wine (with all
> DLLs set to "builtin").  Step two would then use Wine itself to allow
> the user to customize things graphically.

The plan is to have good enough defaults that we shouldn't need the
first step at all to run winecfg. In other words, we should have a
"working" Wine without a configuration step. This Wine may not run
games, but it should run winecfg and regedit.

> Also, winesetuptk includes pictures of the different WineLook and
> windowing mode options, which is a nice touch.  Basically, it'll take a
> fair amount of work to get winecfg up to the "niceness" level that
> winesetuptk currently has (not to mention actually saving the changes).
>   Can we all send patches against the winecfg in CVS or does someone
> have a more up-to-date version?

Yes, winecfg still needs a lot of work. I think the version in the tree
is fairly up-to-date.

--
Dimi.