configure check for Xrandr extension

Alex Pasadyn ajp at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 15 20:27:51 CDT 2003

When I originally submitted the patch to check for RandR during
configuration, part of it looked like this:

> +        AC_CHECK_HEADERS(X11/extensions/Xrandr.h,
> +            [ dnl *** If X11/extensions/Xrandr.h exists...
> +                AC_CHECK_LIB(Xrandr, XRRSetScreenConfigAndRate,
> +                  [ AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBXRANDR, 1, [Define if you have the Xrandr library])
> +                     X_PRE_LIBS="$X_PRE_LIBS -lXrandr -lXrender"
> +                  ],,
> +                  $X_LIBS -lXext -lX11 -lXrender $X_EXTRA_LIBS
> +            AC_MSG_WARN([[Xrandr extension not found, Wine will be built without it]]),
> +            [#include <X11/Xlib.h>])
> +

But the version that made it into CVS did not include the -lXrender.  At
least on my system, the check fails without that because the Xrandr
library itself calls functions in Xrender.  Is there a better way to
specify that dependency or was this unintentional?

Alex