[ros-kernel] Re: WINE porting templates

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Oct 15 21:17:54 CDT 2003

"Steven Edwards" <steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Wines user32 depends on a few direct Wineserver calls and has quite a
> bit of old design issues from the Win16 days that will need to be fixed
> first. Not to mention Unixisms in a few places and of course ReactOS
> Win32k-User32 commuincation system uses our own system calls so that
> would need to be implemented in another way.

But for simple things which use pure Win32 APIs like USER controls, message
boxes you have to be able to share code with Wine without any significant
effort.

By "porting" that code to reactos you gain nothing except bugs. Have a look
at reactos/lib/user32/windows/messagebox.c "ported" from wine/windows/msgbox.c:
code in reactos now has lots of unicode/ansi related bugs not existed in Wine.
Why did you guys want to do that?!

--
Dmitry.