[ros-kernel] Re: WINE porting templates

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Oct 16 11:56:12 CDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Steven Edwards wrote:

> I dont know if better is the right word. WINE has more compleate
> headers but they are not the most correct. The w32api people are very
> anal (No Offence Danny) about getting changes in to the package. I have
> almost never found where something is wrong in w32api. More often than
> not things are just missing. The issue we have is that currently there
> are 3 or 4 standard sets of headers to deal with. ReactOS internal
> headers, WINE headers, w32api headers and the Microsoft headers.

Well, I don't know why the w32api guys create their own headers
instead of using ours, that is their business. However, I don't
understand why the ReactOS folks have yet another set! Why not
work with the Wine headers? If there are problems, we are more
than willing to fix them, I don't think they are so far away
from the truth, are they?

Also, I still don't understand what the problems are. It can't
be that there are many versions, that's irrelevant. It's like
saying your car has a problem because there are other cars :)

--
Dimi.