WWN: wn20031017_192.xml

Brian Vincent (C) VincentB at coppercolorado.com
Fri Oct 17 14:55:33 CDT 2003

> There's still something wrong with the sorting:

Nope.  The problem is with you :)

Since you post from two different email accounts that means the
script I run generates two different lines for you every week.
Then I go in and manually adjust it.  (Congratulations on being
the first and third highest poster last week.)  It's completely
possible that each week I overlook people who post from two accounts.
For example, besides you I know Ove and Marcus also have used
multiple accounts and I'll likely catch it if they do.  If someone
posts infrequently to the list I probably miss it.

If someone wants to come up with a few lines of awk that take
something like this input:
 <person posts="20" size="71" who="Dimitrie O. Paun" />
 <person posts="6" size="45" who="Dimitrie O. Paun" />

and convert it to this:
 <person posts="26" size="116" who="Dimitrie O. Paun" />

I'd really appreciate it. Personally I haven't cared enough to
fix that up.

Jeremy and Zack sort the XML correctly when it gets parsed into
HTML so the finished product appears like it should.  You do get
bonus points for reading the XML though.

Brian Vincent
Copper Mountain Telecom
vincentb at coppercolorado.com