a proposal that will affect MingW-Runtime, w32api, ReactOS and WINE

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 09:11:07 CDT 2003

Jason and I proposed this at Wineconf and we have discussed this with
the Mingw developers in the past. The big issue becomes this: Are you
willing to do the leg work needed to make it happen? I am but most are
not. It is a thankless and not well noticed job. Not to mention a
project that is going to take quite a long time. It has take over two
years just for those of us that have been working on both WINE and
ReactOS to get things to the point they are now. Dont get me wrong I am
not trying to bring you down. Your proposal is put together much better
than any of the others so far but its still just that. If you want to
put together a team of developers to work on this I for one am happy to
join and be part of that team. I dont have high hopes of this plan
being adopted but if it is I for one am willing to get behind it but
its going to need strong leadership and time. Not to mention the
polictical problems you are going to face

Also you are leaving the mono Windows.Forms people out of this
dicussion. They of all people should also be included in any plans we
have. Without all 4 projects working together our prospects dont look
good.

Thanks
Steven