International settings for language resources

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sat Oct 18 13:39:58 CDT 2003

Le sam 18/10/2003 à 13:20, Rolf Kalbermatter a écrit :
> I want to test the loading of non-english string resources in some Wine application and just started to wonder what I have to change in which configuration file to cause LoadString() to attempt to load another language resource first before it eventually resolves to loading the english one?
>
> Anyone can help here?

LANG=fr_CA notepad

should load the French-Canadian resources (actually the French
resources, as there are no specificities for French-Canadian).

Beware, some resources are declared as SUBLANG_DEFAULT instead of
SUBLANG_NEUTRAL, meaning that if the resource is LANG_FRENCH,
SUBLANG_DEFAULT, fr_CA, fr_CH, etc. will get you the English ones rather
than the French ones.

Vincent