Setupapi Win16/32 (Again) and PSDK porting fixes

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 17:07:54 CDT 2003

--- "Gregory M. Turner" <gmturner007 at ameritech.net> wrote:
> Hmm, now that I think about it, for full compatibility with winelib,
> maybe we
> require something like:
>
> typedef stuct ... { ... } CABINET_INFO_W, CABINET_INFOW;
> typedef struct ... { ... } CABINET_INFO_A, CABINET_INFOA;
> DECL_WINELIB_TYPE_AW(CABINET_INFO_); /* probably unnecessary */
> DECL_WINELIB_TYPE_AW(CABINET_INFO);
>
> and likewise for the pointer types.  yucky.
>
> The problem, I guess, is that wine is specifically naming the A/W
> types,
> whereas most other proggies would just use the automagical ones...
> any idea
> why wine isn't adding an underscore in DECL_WINELIB_TYPE_AW?  Isn't
> that the
> standard MS convention?

Hey Greg,
I dont know. I have already submitted a few patches like this one for
setupapi and imagehlp that Alexandre has merged and nothing seems to be
broken yet. I dont know if he has gone in and added the missing
typedefs or if they really are not needed. Like I said, it builds fine
but I am not really in a possition to test.

I thought the DECL_WINELIB_TYPE_AW stuff was fixed?

Thanks
Steven