[ros-kernel] about headers

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 11:00:19 CDT 2003

Hey Danny,
--- Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Small correction.  I don't know what "they" are aiming for.  I only
> know
> what I am aiming for -- and that is to provide a good, affordable
> compiler toolset  for the ordinary user. The SDK/DDK is a low
> priority
> for me personally.  Right now my main priority is get pch support
> working. Other mingw developers may have different priorities,

I understand the w32api package is a low on the radar but you and Erine
are the main points of contacts so I will direct the questions to you.

1. Is the w32api supposed to be a SDK/DDK package?
The answer seems like a yes.

2. Do we want to try and help create a standard for open source Windows
development?

The WINE people have taken great efforts to make building Winelib
application act the same as building a application using Mingw. For me
the answer is a big yes. How about the rest of the ReactOS and Mingw
people?

3. Can we create a enviroment that all the project involved can work
together on?

I think the answer is yes but is it worth the work to everyone? Do we
want to try and support a enviroment that is the same on all platforms
and where all of the applications should run the same? Here is my wish
list all partys involved.

 - I want to be able to build ReactOS, WINE and Open Source Windows
Drivers/Apps with as little headache as possible. This means having a
common SDK/DDK.

 - I want to be sure that my app is going to run the same if it is a
Mingw compiled application, a Winelib App or a program running under
ReactOS (Running Properly under Windows is understood).

 - I want to try to create a system that makes it easy for anyone to
jump in and help any of our projects.

The relationship with the WINE/Mingw/ReactOS has been good in the past
and we want to keep it that way and make it better. I for one think
this is the best way to do this but I have been known to have been
wrong once or twice before =)

"Can't we all just get along......"

Thanks
Steven