Fix tab size (3)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Oct 21 00:07:51 CDT 2003

On October 21, 2003 12:43 am, Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure how such a test will work. It involves graphical
> components. Unless there are some way to make test see what's on the screen
> I can't think of a way how to do this.

Right, graphical tests are tricky, and it's not clear to me if
they are worth doing. But that's another matter. I was referring
to the non-graphical stuff:

I quote from your original email:

"
- It looks like there is not such thing as not set tab width. According to this:

  "To give all tabs the same width, you can specify the TCS_FIXEDWIDTH
  style. The control sizes all the tabs to fit the widest label, or you can assign
  a specific width and height by using the TCM_SETITEMSIZE message."

  one can assume that if tab width is not explicitly set with TCM_SETITEMSIZE
  message "The control sizes all the tabs to fit the widest label".

  Not true. Native uses default tab size of 96.

- The minimum size of a tab is at least icon width + 3 if icon is present.

- Prior observation that "under Windows, there seems to be a minimum width of 2x
  the height for button style tabs" is not true. At least not in Win98.
"

At first glance, it looks as if you could test these without any graphics...

--
Dimi.