Xlib and wine and XGrabButton

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Tue Oct 21 16:41:16 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:34:17PM +0200, Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:
> Don't we know this? And even if not, is there no way to forward the event to
> the normal event chain? In Windows there are Hookfunction and at some hooks
> you can choose to keep the event or continue it's processing. Is there no such
> thing in X when you grabbed Keys or Pointer?

AFAIR (Alexandre can correct me if I am wrong), this was something we had a
long time ago (ie one thread that did all the input for all threads and then
re-directed the events to the correct one). And as part of all the memory
separation / threading rework, this has been suppressed by the concept of
each thread having its own event loop + X connection.

In the X way of things, this could be something done at the WM level (ie say
to the WM the we want to have the cursor confined to this window).

          Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/