NTFS driver (was: ReactOS GPL vs. proprietary drivers)

Steven Tower tower at towerhome.cx
Tue Oct 21 17:54:48 CDT 2003

Reading data from a file system is much easier then writing.  It's kind
of like saying, I can extract the data from a database raw, but just
because I can do that doesn't mean I can take into account all the
undocumented nuances that I am ignoring to get the data in the first
place, that the original system will consider corrupt if I miss even one
bit in the proper place.

I can almost certainly extract data from most anything in a reasonable
time frame (not encrypted) but it takes hundreds of times longer to
figure out how to write that data in a manner that won't trigger a
issue.

Steven