Changes to kernel messages lang

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Tue Oct 21 22:09:10 CDT 2003

Le mar 21/10/2003 à 22:20, Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Vincent Béron <vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca> writes:
>
> > Attached program says so on W2K SP4. There's a message table in kernel32
> > for 0x0000, for the others it returns NULL. Is that way to do it
> > different from yours?
>
> Yes, FindResource with language 0 is going to return a resource in all
> sorts of cases, so it's not a good test. And actually if the resource
> was really NEUTRAL, then all your FindResource calls should have
> succeeded. The best way to find out is to dump the resource table of
> the dll, using something like winedump -x.

Mea culpa.

I foolishly thought the installation I used was a French Canadian one
(being both in French and in Canada), but it was a French Default one.
Had I been a bit more thorough, I'd have saved myself the embarrassment.

So yes, the current messagetable is fine as is. It just needs to be
translated now :)

Is the other part of the patch still unapplicable? NEUTRAL/NEUTRAL
(sounds like DnD) messages should be processable by wmc... At least they
are with VS98 mc.exe.

Vincent