getting started with Winelib

Ralf Juengling juenglin at cse.ogi.edu
Sun Oct 26 12:43:15 CST 2003

> > checking for -lwine_uuid... /local/lib
> > checking for libntdll.dll.so... configure: error: Could not find the
> > Wine dlls (libntdll.dll.so)
> >
> Have you added /local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf? If not, there should be a
warning when you install wine.

no, but I've set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /local/lib
Also, I've looked for a file "libntdll.dll.so" and there is none.
In /local/lib/wine there are files "libntdll.def" and "ntdll.dll.so",
though.

I suspect something went wront with installing Wine, although I didn't
get any error messages. I didn't install as root (don't have root access
to the machine in question), so I installed with prefix '/local', which
usually works fine.

Thanks,
Ralf