RPM for Red Hat - Wine Startup problem... (was Re: Wrong USER.EXE...) [Resolved]

James Lyon role.wine at axoria.net
Mon Oct 27 05:03:57 CST 2003

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who's helped on this one.

Just to let you know this turned out to be end-user silliness by me.

Vincent Béron pointed me in the direction of checking installed glibc &
RH kernel versions etc. It turns out that I had (twice!) downloaded the
completely wrong RPMs.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

              === SUMMARY OF TIPS for wine-users list ===

On my RH8 box I can check exactly what RPMs were installed (as is
commonly the case with RH Linux and maybe others using RPMs) by either
checking the nightly log of this information: -

grep wine /var/log/rpmpkgs

...or by inspecting the current state of my machine (slower but more
up-to-date) as follows: -

rpm -qa --qf '%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}.rpm\n' | grep wine

Of course, these approaches work for checking glibc and other packages
too, or use egrep 'wine|glibc' for searching multiples, and so on.

Hope this helps.

--
Best regards,
James.