French keyboard layout with Euro symbol

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Wed Oct 29 07:30:06 CST 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:
>

>>5. In the future, windows keyboard language APIs will need to be
>>handled. For those to work, we must be aware of which is the current
>>keyboard.
>>

>This one is just a missing functionality (support for keyboard layouts),
>and has nothing to do with detection mismatches IMO.

The reason I listed it here is because in order for Wine to know what
language the current keyboard is, it will also need to know what's the
current keyboard.

I have thought of two ways for Wine to do that - either it checks what
name the symbol files is loaded as, or it scans the keymap (as it does
today). Either way - it will have to have some mapping between currently
loaded keymap and language. Hence the affect it has over X keyboard
detection.

I would appretiate it if you tell me if you think this logic is wrong.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant