Conformance tests fail with 20031016 build

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 30 04:18:44 CST 2003

Hi Paul,

> What settings are you using for wine?  I don't see this problem with
WRT,
> but I've only recently got it back up and running again.

What are the settings you want to know ?

> On a seperate note, some other strange things I've noticed:
>
> One of Monday night's patches seems to have broken a conformance test
in
> listbox.c (line 123) but only for wine in win3.1-mode!  Win3.1-mode
also
> passes two todo tests (lines 129 and 134 both in the user/listbox.c).
Got same results here. Every emulated OS passes except win31.

> Also, does anyone else get orphaned zombie processes after running
the
> regression tests?  (which is moderately impressive: I thought init
was
> supposed to clean these up)

I get some zombies too, and the kernel notices it. This is what I have
in /var/log/messages:
Oct 30 10:44:18 wine kernel: application bug: wine(2120) has SIGCHLD
set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
Oct 30 10:44:18 wine kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
Workaround activated.

Talking about the kernel process test, it seems they are runned more
than once, is it the normal way ?
../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M kernel32.dll -T ../../.. -p
kernel32_test.exe.so process.c && touch process.ok
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.
tests/process.c: 1 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.

> I get about six zombies per regression test.  I tracked one of these
> zombies down to the kernel/test/process.c test_DebuggingFlag()'s
> ContinueDebugEvent() call, which disappears into wineserver.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
 ICQ #170597259
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels