[winecfg 5] Implement transactions support, remove some crack x11drv prefs, complete desktop sizing code

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Fri Sep 5 13:03:18 CDT 2003

On 5 Sep 2003, Mike Hearn wrote:

> This patch will add some warnings, and yeah, the commenting out of lots
> of code is ugly, but don't worry, it's all temporary until I've finished
> bringing the code across from the old global config struct. At that
> point it'll all be deleted in favour of the transaction system.

Cool. I should put you up as a worker on this task...

> The transactions system is very simple, at the moment the default is
> instant apply, despite the presence of OK and Cancel buttons. That's a
> bit misleading, but the PropertySheet() API doesn't seem to have any way
> to express the need for "Close" and maybe "Revert" buttons. The UI
> standard on free software desktops for instant apply dialogs is to have
> just a Close dialog, with a Revert button in cases where the user might
> not be able to undo the changes themselves. For the main window, just a
> Close button is enough. Would it be OK to implement a Wine extension
> here Alexandre?

Maybe we should just commit on OK, but that will be inconsistent
with Gnome. I guess that at some point we need some extensions,
one for the edit control to work with selections would be nice :)

> ChangeLog:
> - Remove "PerfectGraphics", "Use XSHM extension", and "Use a private
> colour map", people who know what these actually are can probably use
> regedit (we'll need default reg entries, don't let me forget!)

Yeah, we should create a table with all the options, and keep track
of wich ones were review, default values, static/dynamic behaviour,
etc. I said I'd do it, but I didn't get around to it yet...

--
Dimi.