mine is better!

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Sun Sep 7 18:16:50 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 23:14, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> whee!  another glibc mystery...

If so, why don't you say which glibc version you use and whether you
upgraded recently?

I assume a full rebuild (make clean) doesn't fix it?

> I do not buy, in the final analysis, that this is anything to do with nss
> or nscd (which I don't even run, although running it doesn't fix anything)...

Don't let the names fool you, these read local /etc/passwd and
/etc/resolv.conf files when there's no such server configured. And
getpwuid() sounds suspiciously like something that would read
/etc/passwd. I've heard there's been some binary incompatibility in this
area of glibc lately (not with applications, but between glibc and the
nss modules (used to access /etc/passwd), so that services would have to
restarted after upgrading glibc, and programs statically linked with an
"old" glibc wouldn't work, with win4lin being a casualty of this).