David.Goodenough at David.Goodenough at
Tue Sep 9 10:58:37 CDT 2003

A further problem with the Debian install is that winedefault.reg is
delivered packed (.gz).  Perhaps as a further addition to regedit (or what
ever command line version is to be used) should be to unpack it as well as
read it - otherwise please can the Debian version be shipped ungziped.

                    Paul McNett
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    wine-devel-admin@        Subject:     Re: winedefault.reg
                    08/09/2003 14:34
                    Please respond to

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith writes:

> Some people on wine-users are complaining that regedit
> winedefault.reg doesn' t always work correctly, somebody
> posted this solution
> but it would be a very nice thing if regedit winedefault.reg
> exited with no output and just worked like it has always done
> with the command line version.

Yes I just realized, only last night, that my latest Wine
install didn't include the winedefault.reg, even though I
always install Wine with ./tools/wineinstall, and it is
advertised that it will install the winedefault.reg.

Instead what happens is the new graphical regedit is displayed.

Paul McNett