Use a css file for the doc

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Tue Sep 9 15:03:39 CDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > By site-wide one I suppose you mean the one shipped with DocBook?
> yes
> > We cannot do that because the DocBook one:
> >  1. does not reference any css file
> So why is that a problem?

You do not want the HTML docs generated by 'make html' to look good?

> >  2. does not use the %use-id-as-filename% option which results in ugly
> > HTML filenames
> that's Their Problem (TM).

You do not want the documentation generated by 'make html' to use
sensible names? You want to tell users to do 'make html' and then open
'wine-user/x1483.html' (or maybe that's actually
'wine-devel/x1523.html') in their browser rather than

> So it does seem that people that want to build the stuff themselves
> can use the default.dsl shipped with DocBook. If they want the docu
> generated by us, they can just download it.

You want to make like hard for anyone to use 'make html'?

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                  Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.