adding structures to headers

Geoff Thorpe geoff at geoffthorpe.net
Wed Sep 10 11:47:18 CDT 2003

Hi Dimitrie,

On September 9, 2003 10:49 pm, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On September 9, 2003 10:34 pm, Geoff Thorpe wrote:
> > On the other hand, I *have* duplicated the interface
> > verbatim in terms of using exactly the same element names, the same
> > order of elements in the structures, etc.
>
> This is fine, the element names, and order in the structure _are_
> part of the interface, not expression. The only things that matter
> are whitespace and comments, AFAICT.
>
> > I've already posted the patch(es) to wine-patches, do you think what
> > I've done constitutes a problem?
>
> It all depends on how you did it. I think you should do it by hand,
> and you should format things as _you_ see fit. Also, add your own
> comments if you feel it's necessary, but we usually don't put comments
> in the header files.
>
> So if you've formatted the stuff yourself, I think that's fine.

I think that, according to your comments, what I've done should be fine.

Now, can you tell me if the code seems ok to you? :-) It's my first
submission to wine-patches and I note that it hasn't as yet elicited any
response, either as a rejection or a commit. FWIW: I was using the
prebuilt openssl installer for version 0.9.7b from;
  http://www.shininglightpro.com/search.php?searchname=Win32+OpenSSL

This installer appears to run well under wine. My changes were sufficient
to get "wine /path/to/openssl/bin/openssl.exe -- speed rsa1024" working,
and although the timing mechanisms for benchmarking don't appear to work
properly (another problem for another time), it is nonetheless doing
crypto operations satisfactorily. As these routines include assembly
optimisations and there being a somewhat clunky win32 compilation system
behind it (long story), this was a useful test from my point of view.

Also, who's the best person to talk to about 'wineconsole' behaviour? The
"s_server" and "s_client" routines in the openssl.exe program give weird
stdin/stdout behaviour whether I use 'wine' or 'wineconsole' to run them.
Could be a useful case for improving this aspect of win32 compatibility
perhaps, because AFAIK this works properly on a "real" windoze system and
of course the source code for openssl is obviously available. I'd gladly
help anyone who wants to take a look, but doubt I can expect to achieve
much in this area on my own, particularly as I don't run have an MS O/S.

But anyway, the point was to get the libs and crypto executing, and I
suspect those two stub functions would be enough now for any applications
using openssl libraries under wine.

Cheers,
Geoff

--