header problems

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Sep 11 14:28:44 CDT 2003

Hi folks,

In each of the include/{pshpack[1248],poppack}.h headers we have
checks like this:

#  if defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__SUNPRO_C) || defined(__SUNPRO_CC) || defined(_MSC_VER)
#    pragma pack(1)
#  elif !defined(RC_INVOKED)
#    error "Adjusting the alignment is not supported with this compiler"
#  endif

Problem is that __GNUC__ is not defined when the standalone
preprocessor (cpp) includes the headers, resulting in an
error. Needless to say, this is Not Good (TM), as the
standard headers can be used by cpp (I think :)).

How do we solve this? Maybe change the last condition to:

-#  elif !defined(RC_INVOKED)
+#  elif defined(WINE_HEADER_DEBUG_ON)

or

+#  elif defined(__WINESRC__)