WM_MDICREATE failing

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Mon Sep 15 10:26:50 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I have an application that does "SendMessageA" WM_MDICREATE, and this
call FAILS. I'm currently running this under crossover office 2.0.1 (the
only environment that would install it).

I'm quite capable of hunting this down on my own, but I was wondering
whether anyone has had similar experience in the past. I would also like
to know who is our "official" MDI maintainer.

Also, I noticed that this application registered two Windows hooks. I
wasn't aware that these worked, but the app seems happy. Do we or don't
we have working hooks support?

             Shachar
P.S.
I have been a Win32 programmer for five years, and managed to go without
writing any UI more complicated than a single dialog and a progress bar.
Since I have been involved in Wine, I have tweaked the Font dialog,
tracked the Text printing functions, did more OLE than I would normally
want, keyboard input, and even some Direct X (a little). I find it
ironic that I had to move my skills to Linux before I had to touch any
of these.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant