[DXT3] menu in Tribunal now vanishes (regression?)

Michael Günnewig MichaelGuennewig at gmx.de
Tue Sep 16 10:15:10 CDT 2003

MichaelGuennewig at gmx.de (Michael Günnewig) writes:

> Hallo,
>
> with the following 2 patches the menu in "The Elder Scrolls III:
> Tribunal Morrowind Expansion Pack" version 1.4.1313 german only shows
> white blocks instead of the menuitems as before.

Have forgotten to mention the patches, so here they are:

2003-09-02
	* dlls/d3d8/d3d8_main.c, dlls/d3d8/directx.c:
	Jason Edmeades <us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk>
	Use a dummy GL context if one is not available when GetDeviceCaps is
	called.
	Remove the compiler warnings introduced in the last DXTn patch.

2003-08-15
	* dlls/d3d8/d3d8_main.c, dlls/d3d8/d3d8_private.h, dlls/d3d8/device.c,
	  dlls/d3d8/directx.c, dlls/d3d8/utils.c:
	Jason Edmeades <us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk>
	DXT1/3/5 support was broken, but unnoticeable since we also indicated
	it wasn't supported.

The patches themself seem to be okay only that the new if-statement in
IDirect3D8Impl_CheckDeviceFormat should be #ifdef
GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc because if it's not defined we don't
have the support as you can see in IDirect3DSurface8Impl_LoadTexture
(surface.c:468). So it will lead to white boxes on a system, when at
compile-time the constant isn't defined and the system says it support
it. But this isn't the case for me because the log show that it
definitly calls glCompressedTexImage2D.

   Michael